Food-loving friends, I invented something:
Avocado Toast BOWLS !
I was craving avocado toast, as usual, and just wasn’t in the mood to tear the bread with my teeth or have all my toppings slide off my toast onto the table.
Ha, I sound like one of those “As Seen on TV” commercials, where everyone struggles with the simplest of tasks.
But really I just wanted the avocado toast to be in my mouth already with as little effort as possible and no drama on the way there.
The concept is simple:
- Toast your bread
- Spread your toast with butter, dip, plant-based cheese, hummus, mayo (or add it on top)
- Cut toast into small cubes
- Avocado slices on top
- Add other toppings and garnish
- EAT WITH A SPOON!!!
Think of the possibilities, think of all your favorite avocado combinations. This is huge.
I know, man. Changin’ lives over here at Appleseed Cuisine! Boom.
Hummus Hemp Seed Chive Avocado Toast Bowls
Blob the hummus on the top of your toast cubes along with the avocado slices, sprinkle on the chives and hemp seeds and dig in!
Kite Hill Cheese & Smoked Paprika Avocado Toast Bowls
You saw these up top already.
Spread Kite Hill Cream Cheese on the toast, then cut into cubes.
Avocado slices go on top and sprinkle the whole bowl with smoked paprika.
Bruschetta Avocado Toast Bowls
- handful of cherry tomatoes, diced
- one clove of garlic, minced
- small handful of basil, minced
- splash of olive oil
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- pinch of salt
- 2 slices of bread, toasted, then cubed
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Mix all tomato salad ingredients in a bowl by hand.
- Add your toast cubes and toss to coat the toast with tomato mixture.
- Add your avocado slices in and top with diced tomatoes and basil for garnish.
BLT Avocado Toast Bowls
For this bowl, I made roasted bacon chickpeas by marinating chickpeas in the same marinade I use for The Best Vegan Bacon.
Then I roast them on a baking sheet at 375F for 10-15 minutes, give them a toss halfway through. They will be crispy and perfect, salty and sweet.
Fill your bowl with fresh toast cubes. Toss your bacon chickpeas on top along with lettuce shreds, avocado slices and tomato.
I really wanted something more on this bowl, so I added a little water to mayo to make it thin enough to drizzle.
Nothing like a BLT with mayo.
Those are just a few ideas to get you started, but I can’t wait to see the kinds of combinations people come up with.
This has been my favorite way to eat avocado toast lately. Enjoy!
Custom-made cutting board by Knotty Grains.